Friday, January 23, 2009

Life, as we know it, is about to change!!



Yeah!! Chris and I are expecting our first baby! It is so surreal, yet so exciting. We are due August 27th. Yes, it is going to be a long hot summer! I am so glad we just got a new heating/air system in our house. Last summer, it decided not to work with the 95 degree temperatures. I am 9 weeks now and feeling quite lethargic. The past few weeks have been filled with nausea, irritability, exhaustion, emotions...poor Chris! He is looking for things to do outside in the cold weather! He is planting bulbs in the yard as I write. He asked if I will be like this for 9 months. I laughed and said wait until July! Our 1st ultrasound was this past Wednesday and we got to see the heartbeat. Of course, I got teary eyed because it was a sigh of relief. I had a great fear that there wouldn't be a heartbeat. When the baby jumped on the ultrasound, Chris got teary eyed and couldn't believe that it actually moved. I told him that it is a human being and they do move! Well, we are super excited and  please keep us in your prayers during these next months. 

10 comments:

Tara said...

I'm glad you commented on my blog, because I was looking for yours and couldn't find it! The ultrasound picture is so neat! And by the way, I talked to my best friend in NJ who's due a week before you and she said she had her first ultrasound the same day as you. I don't know why she said 18 weeks before. Anyway, I'm looking forward to following along over the next 8 months! Congratulations again :)

P.S. I read some of your old entries. The kayaking story - hilarious!!! I know it wasn't then, but I got a kick out of it. Jamie and I would've killed each other before we ever made it out of the river!

Kim said...

YEA!!! So happy!!! =) Love you.

Sara and Ryan said...

Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you guys! We were hoping an announcement would come soon. :)

Amie Kirk said...

YAY!!!! I love you so much and I am so over the top happy for you guys! You're right...Life will never be the same, but it is so worth it. You will be in my prayers everyday!! I am praying for a healthy 40 WEEKS!!! YAY, YAY, YAY!!!

Josh and Donna said...

woo hoo!! look at the cute lil' gummy bear!! so excited for y'all, luv u!

Unknown said...

How exciting!! Congratulations to you and Chris!!! YAY!!

Matt and Kim said...

Congratulations!! I am beginning to think that everyone I know is pregnant!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Hey Stephanie! That's so awesome, I love the ultrasound pic! I can't believe that you, me and Ashley G. are all due in August! How awesome! Take care and I hope you are feeling great!

Jerome, Laura, Peyton and Max said...

Congratulations! What a blessing!