Thursday, October 1, 2009

5th Annual Family Girls Retreat

Ella Cate had her 1st weekend getaway in Gatlinburg with the girls. 22 of us girls, on mom's side of the family, gathered together all weekend in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains and had the time of our life. My family is sooo wild and crazy! Every year, it gets more fun! We pick a different location each year and hang out and catch up. We were in our PJ's almost all weekend. We danced, hot tubbed, sat in massage chairs, ate, and laughed until we couldn't laugh anymore. I have to say we broke Ella in b/c if she could sleep through that loudness, then she can sleep through anything! My great grandma (Ella's great-great grandma) came too, so we had 5 generations there. That was priceless! The ages ranged from 4 weeks old to 87 years! I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. 
  Ella Cate at 1 month old
2nd cousins Bobbi & Tion dancing
Aunt Kim & mom cheering!
Me with 2nd cousin Bobbi and 1st cousin Katherine
5 generations! What a view from our balcony!

3 comments:

Amie Kirk said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I am so glad you and Ella were able to to get those special pictures with her great-great grandma. So special! And, of corse I LOVE the outfit!! PRECIOUS!!

Kim said...

I can't believe your weekend came so quickly. I'm so glad you had a good time. =)

Unknown said...

That sounds like So much fun!!